The Secrets to Preventing Grey Hair Naturally
While perceptions have changed over the years and grey hair no longer has the stigma it use to have, its still something most would want to prevent. There are a few ways that you can prevent grey hair naturally and it can be a combination of diet and supplements which can help fight the key causes of grey hair.
As we age our bodies go through chemical transformations and to a large extent contributes to the cause of grey hair. When hair goes grey the melanin in the hair slowly strips away and in time becomes transparent which gives the appearance of grey hair against your darker hair.
Our bodies produce hydrochloric acid and as these levels increase the more likely the melanin (color) in the hair gets stripped. The enzyme Catalase, which is naturally produced by our bodies is the key regulator for the hydrochloric levels in our bodies. As we age these catalase levels drop giving less protection to the grey process.
In order to treat the grey hair naturally you need to ensure these catalase levels are managed if not topped up. There are supplements on the market that contain catalase and are taken as part of a healthy diet to treat grey hair. Taken over time these natural supplements are known to reverse grey hair.
Grey Hair Supplements and Other Remedies
There are many grey hair supplements on the market and they basically contain the same if not similar ingredients. The most common is Catalase which as mentioned above is the key ingredient that helps to prevent or reverse the onset of grey hair.
Taking a pill daily does sound like an easy way to treat grey hair however there is usually more to ensuring your hair is healthy. A lot of this can be be attributed to your diet. There is a super group of foods that have shown to help grey hair developing but this is down to your make up and can effect each person differently.
The Top Grey Hair Remedies
- Dyeing has and always will be the most popular treatment for grey hair. Its quick, relatively cheap and allows, mostly in women to experiment with different colors.
- Grey Hair Shampoos can now help to bring the color back to your hair over time but there are issues around what color is brought back. Some shampoos work really well and other are less effective.
- Supplements have become more effective and are now more readily available. Supplement work to replenish lost nutrients like Catalase and other key ingredients that are needed to retain grey hair.
Lifestyle Changes that Help Prevent Grey Hair
While these remedies can directly improve your hair there are other lifestyle changes that you can make which will greatly reduce the possibility of you getting grey hair.
- Stop Smoking: It has been proven that smoking can cause grey hair. Studies have shown that a group of test subjects showed an earlier onset of grey hair compared to those that don’t smoke.
- Caffeine intake: Coffee or any other caffeine related product can strip vital nutrients from your body. This dehydrates your body and starves the hair of moisture which can contribute to your hair going grey.
- Up your Copper Intake: Copper is a good supplement to take to help you with your hair. There are foods which are rich in copper that can help to increase these levels. Turnip greens, lima beans, yams, spinach, and most meats are all good sources of copper.
- Vitamin B12:It is a common fact that a lack of Vitamin B12 causes premature grey hair. Make sure you take a lot of B12 or eat foods that are rich in this vitamin like eggs, cheese, beef, bananas, fish and lamb.
- Chinese Herbs: A Chinese herb called ‘He Shou’ We is believed to stop hair going grey. Translated it means ‘black-haired Mr He’ in Chinese. This name refers to a legend of an older villager named Mr He who took Fo-ti and restored his black hair, youthful appearance and vitality.
Its very fashionable to let your hair go grey in today’s society. Most are embracing it and you only have to look at the society pages to see most actors are happy to show off their grey hair. There is no need to worry about going g
Have Scientists Found The Cure for Grey Hair